hello, i am attempting to dump the firmware from a sd900. i got some phototransistors and have them connected up to the mic input of my machine. but while testing i am not getting any audio signal. the mic port is operational, tested with actual microphone.
is there something i am missing?
- You can to try apply external power supply (3-5V) for phototransitor via 1-10kOhm resistor, and connect mic input via 1-10 uF capacitor. -- GrAnd 05:49, 16 November 2007 (UTC)
- can some one please link me to, or sketch up a simple wiring digram? i dont want to hook it up wrong and fry ither my components or my laptop. im not an electrical engineer :)
- thanks --Jerjoz 21:49, 24 November 2007 (UTC)
 shows this camera as firmware dumped. I tried the udumper sw method, but no joy. Is there a status update on this camera? Firmware link, forum posting to see if there is anything I can contribute? -- 126.96.36.199 22:22, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
- I successfully dumped the firmware from my SD900 (IXUS 900ti) using a program called CardTricks. Simply put a SD card in your card reader, start CardTricks, select the correct drive, and click ``VxWorks 1. After removing the card from the drive, make sure you flip the read-only switch before inserting it into the camera.
- Don't panic when your camera doesn't do anything with the card inserted. Just read the on-screen instructions in CardTricks carefully beforehand!
- I will experiment with porting CHDK, but can't give any promises. — PFLammertsma talk 14:09, 9 May 2008 (UTC)