getting the 'real' fw version
dh: 2010-02-08 - my camera (sd1200is purchased dec 2009 in us) only shows "Firmware 18.104.22.168" (from funcset + trash&timer with vers.req) - with none of the other stuff mentioned above. Also canon site lists no firmware updates available, so don't know why difference of gm1.00c above versus my 22.214.171.124 - Don't know what this means yet. (don't know how to 'drive' this wiki yet either, so hope I'm not corrupting anything.)
- As explained in the FAQ, "126.96.36.199" is not the real fw version.
- Make sure, the filename is really ver.req or vers.req !
- On MS Windows, make sure the file is NOT ver.req.txt - read more here: How to NOT hide extensions in Windows.
- On a Mac, read the Mac FAQ, especially Still Having Trouble ?
- Fe50 07:03, February 9, 2010 (UTC)