Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
On the A490, there is no Disp button, so I assume that the alternative should be the Trash/Timer button. However, whether with a ver.req or a vers.req file in the root of the SDHC card (or with both files there), starting the camera in Play mode, then pressing and holding FUNC. SET followed by Trash/Timer has no effect. If anyone can think of anything else that I should try, please post a comment here. Koralik 17:57, July 25, 2010 (UTC)
How to set CHDK on Powershot A490? Edit
I have an A490 camera, but it has no DISP button so how can I check its firmware version? Anybody can help me IN DETAIL how to set CHDK on A490's SD card (from A-Z please, I'm a chicken :() I can't check the firmware so I copy all the build into the card but there's nothing happen.
23:27, June 21, 2011 (UTC)~
- To get you camera's firmware version read this FAQ section; you may use CameraVersion or the ACID tool to get the fw version from an image file.
- There's an early BETA CHDK version available for the A490 with firmware version 1.00F from the german CHDKDE autobuild server
- non-english speaking users:
- select "Komplett" to get the full CHDK package
- the default language for this build is german; to change CHDK menu language to english, delete or rename the file \CHDK\LANG\german.lng
- CHDK notes:
- the <Alt> key for the A490 is the PLAY button (short / long press)
--> Please report issues with the A490 or ask development related questions here: A490 porting thread
Fe50 05:18, June 22, 2011 (UTC)
i would like to know if there is going to be a chdk verision for canon a490 with firmware 100e.