Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
(moved from "Canon Powershot A3300 IS")
So I bought this camera as I had a belief in getting all the manual control over it. Otherwise, it is not a Powershot if I do not have the full power to customize my shot. Search for a custom firmware landed me here to find out that none has played with it. I need some (including me) to get started with it. Let's unleash the true potential of this slim camera. I lack the knowledge about starting the custom firmware programming. Any directions?
Missing "Firmware Update" Option Edit
Okay, so I'm trying to use CHDK with this camera, and I'm stuck. I've got the files on the SD card, and I go to select the "firm update" option on the camera... and it isn't there. I started it in playback mode, I've tried it with and without the SD card in, and the option just isn't there. Any ideas?
- → "firmware_update_method":
- expand (unzip) all files from the "full" CHDK package to the root of your SD card using a card reader
- make sure there's at least one photo on the SC card
- power on the camera with the playback [>] button, the lens must not be expanded
- enter the Canon menu & scroll down, the "Firm. update" menu item should be the last one...
- on a Mac computer you may need to remove the quarantine flag from the PS.FI2 file, read the FAQ/Mac