Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Beta CHDK builds are available for the SX500IS HS firmware versions 1.00C, 1.00D and 1.00E from the Download page
Reviews and Specifications Edit
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- Sensor: 16 million effective pixels, 1/2.3 CCD (6.17 x 4.55 mm)
- Max image size: 4608 x 3456
- 30x optical zoom lens, 24-720mm (35mm equiv), F3.4 - F5.8
- 4x digital zoom
- ISO 100/200/400/800/1600
- Optical Image Stabilization
- Fixed 3 inch LCD, 461,000 pixels.
- Video: H.264 MOV (QuickTime)
- Video formats: 1280x720 @25 fps (HD), 640x480 @30 fps
- Interfaces: Hi-speed USB, miniHDMI, analog audio out (monaural), analog video out (NTSC/PAL) (video & audio cable not included)
- Storage: SD/SDHC/SDXC
- Power: Battery Pack NB-6L
- Weight (with batteries): 341 g (0.75 lb / 12.03 oz)
- Dimensions: 104.0 x 69.5 x 80.2mm (4.09" x 2.74" x 3.16")
The use of ver.req to determine your firmare version may not work. It is recommended you use the ACID utility to determine your firmware version.
- DryOS v2.3, release #0051
- FW start address: FF000000
- Firmware version 1.00C
- Firmware version 1.00D by alvm ()
Download location for firmware dumps: