The Powershot SX220HS is the successor to the SX210 IS.
CHDK is available for the SX220 with the firmware versions 1.00A, 1.01A, 1.01B and 1.01C from the Download page
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- 12.1 megapixels, 1/2.3" back-illuminated CMOS sensor
- 14x optical zoom lens
- lens: 28-392mm (35mm equiv), F/3.1 - F/5.9
- Image stabilization (lens shift-type), "Dynamic IS" in movie mode
- Display: 3.0 inch TFT, 461,000 pixels
- Video: 1920x1080 @24 fps HD, 1280x720 @30 fps HD, 640x480 @30 fps, 320x240 @30 fps
- Super Slow Motion movie mode: 320x240 @120/240 fps
- Miniature effect mode: 1280x720 @6 fps
- Movie format: Quicktime (MOV / H.264), linear PCM stereo
- HDMI A/V out connector
- Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus
- Power: Li-ion battery NB-5L
- Weight (including battery): 215g, Dimensions: 106 x 59 x 33 mm
- Specifications: DPReview specs
Firmware version: GM1.01A P-ID: 322C PAL D Adj Ver: 010.010
The firmware version on your camera can be checked with CameraVersion.
This section describes special CHDK-related things...
- access <ALT> mode by pressing
- short press <ALT> mode, long press original playback mode
- to start directly in Record mode, hold down the Power button ~ 1-2 seconds
- no dual partitioning required, the camera supports booting from FAT32(4GB+) formatted SD cards.
- For 4GB+ SD cards follow this steps:
- format the SD card from the original camera options menu
- copy DISKBOOT.BIN, PS.FI2 and the CHDK folder on SD card
- start the camera by holding the button for ~ 1-2 seconds
- select Firm Update...-> OK
- go into <ALT> mode -> Menu -> Miscellaneous stuff -> Make card bootable...
- lock the SD card to boot directly into CHDK
- DryOS v2.3, release #0047
- FW start address: 0xFF000000
Available firmware dumps
- Firmware dump fw 1.00A (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper script, by funnel): zShare dl link, forum link
- Firmware dump fw 1.01A (16mb, dumped with cBasic udumper script): zShare dl link
Download location for firmware dumps: