The Powershot SX130 IS is the successor to the SX120 IS.
CHDK for the Powershot SX130 is in Beta state. Check forum for details.
Some users have reported permanent camera damage which may be connected to CHDK, see Camera failures suspected to be caused by CHDK SX130 This is not certain, proceed at your own risk.
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- 12.1 megapixel CCD sensor, 1/2.3 inch
- 12x optical zoom 5.0-60.0mm lens, 35mm equiv = 28-336mm, F/3.4 - F/5.6
- Image stabilization (lens shift-type)
- Display: 3 inch TFT (230k pixels, adjustable brightness)
- ISO: Auto, 80-1600
- Focus: Auto, Manual, selectable AF lock, selectable AF assist lamp
- Flash: Built-in, pop up, variable brightness
- Video: 1280x720, 640x480 or 320x240 @ 30fps (lower fps exist in special modes)
- Video Length: 10 Mins HD mode, 1 hour other modes
- Storage: SD / SDHC / SDXC / MMC / MMC Plus / HC MMC Plus
- Power: 2x AA size
- Weight (with batteries): 308g
- Dimensions: 113 x 73 x 46 mm (4.5 x 2.8 x 1.8 inch)
- Specifications: Canon (english), DPReview Specifications
The ver.req file method is used to gather firmware information about this camera model.
On your computer, create a file named ver.req in the root directory of the SD card.
Turn off the camera, and insert the card. Turn on the camera in playback mode by pressing the blue round playback button(Button 3 on page 41 of the offical manual).
Hold downuntil a clock appears. Release .
Ver.req First Page Data: holding downagain, and the screen will return to playback. Do not release , and press :
European PAL Version Header
Canon PowerShot SX130 IS P-ID:3211 PAL D
Firmware Ver GM1.01C (184.108.40.206)
A firmware update for some older cameras to version 220.127.116.11 (1.01C) is available from Canon
- ROM starts at 0xFF810000
orange 0xC0220010 green 0xC0220014 AF 0xC022000C
Available firmware dumps
- SX130IS fw 1.01C: dumped (forum link) with a modified version of udumper : Firmware Dump GM1.01C.
- SX130IS fw 1.01D
- SX130IS fw 1.01F: by alex_avr; dumped with a modified version of udumper (used SX210 script, see this post): Firmware Dump GM1.01F.
Download location for firmware dumps:
- Forum porting thread