Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Canon IXUS 980 IS / SD990 Edit
The Canon Digital IXUS 980 IS is known in America as PowerShot SD990 and in Japan as IXY 3000 IS.
CHDK is available for the Ixus 980 / SD990 with fw versions 1.00E and 1.01B from the Download page
Canon Product Specification: Canon UK - Ixus 980
- DryOS operating system
- Digic IV image processor
- Sensor: 14.7 MP, 1/1.7" CCD type, 34 MP/cm² pixel density
- Display: 2.5 inch TFT, 230,000 pixels
- 3.7x optical zoom, optical IS
- 7.7 - 28.5mm f/2.8 - f/5.8 (35mm film equivalent: 36 - 133mm)
- optical viewfinder
- Speed: approx. 1.3 fps (continuous shooting)
- Audio: Monaural
- combined AV & USB connector; one mini-B jack that handles both the AV Out and USB connectivity, shipped with 2 different adapter cables (AV & USB)
- Manual control and 20 other modes
- Power: NB-5L rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, 280 shots (LCD on)/700 shots (LCD off)
- Weight 160g (without battery), 205g (7.2 oz) with battery
- Dimensions: 98 x 62 x 28 mm (3.9 x 2.4 x 1.1 inch)
ver.req, then pressed and simultaneously:
Canon IXY DIGITAL 3000 IS P-ID:3193 NT D Firmware Ver GM1.00E NoError Aug 22 2008 10:53:49
Pressingonce again with still pressed:
Pressinga third time with still pressed:
IS Firm Ver. 2.07 IS Param Ver. 2.03
- With CHDK the camera always starts in playback mode; press (or half press) the once or just hold for ~2 seconds for record mode
- As on other newer cameras with 12 bit sensors, the 'Custom curves' feature do not work on the Ixus 980/SD 990
- Pressing the shutter quickly with overrides enabled may result in incorrect white balance. It may also cause issues if the flash is automatically triggered
- Betas prior to build 934 needed custom grids. This has been fixed, meaning grids made for these older builds will no longer work, but standard grids will work.
0xC0220134 green 0xC0220130 orange (right) 0xC0220138 yellow (left) 0xC02200B0 power 0xC02200BC direct print
- Porting the SD990 was done by reyalP. Builds are available from the Download page
- Firmware 1.00E: forum link, also available from the chdkdumps drop ()
- Firmware 1.01B: by DryDuck, direct download link, also available from the chdkdumps2 drop ().
Download location for firmware dumps:
- The porting thread is here: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2972.0.html