The Canon Powershot SD980 IS (IXUS 200 IS in europe, IXY DIGITAL 930 IS in japan) was released on August 19'th, 2009
CHDK is not fully ported to the Powershot SD980 IS (IXUS 200 IS) yet.
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- 12.1 megapixel CCD sensor, 1/2.3 inch (pixel density: 35 MP/cm²), new 12 bit type
- Image size: 4000 x 3000 (JPG max.)
- 5x wide-angle (24mm) optical zoom lens 24-120mm (35mm equiv), F/2.8 - F/5.9
- Image stabilization (lens shift-type)
- Display: 3 inch touch screen, 230,000 pixels
- no optical viewfinder
- ISO 80-1600, limited ISO 3200 mode with fixed resolution, auto exposure, white balance, etc.
- Flash: built-in, no hot-shoe
- Video: 1280x720 @30fps (720p HP), 640x480 @30fps, 320x240 @30fps, format: MOV [H.264 + linear PCM (monaural)]
- Storage: SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus
- Connectivity: USB, HDMI mini, AV out (combined plu AV+HDMI)
- Power: Canon NB-6L rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Weight (without battery): 130g, Dimensions: 100x53x23 mm
FW info from dump:
Jul 17 2009 15:49:34 Firmware Ver GM1.00C
This section describes special CHDK-related things...
The LED on the back of the camera can be not only lit to green but also to orange by using a different address in your sourcecode. Do not confuse the Orange with the AF (Auto Focus) LED on the front wich also lights in a bright orange color.
To start a custom firmware stred on SD one has to Press the PLAY button not the power button
#define LED_PR 0xC0220130 #define LED_ORANGE 0xC0220134 #define LED_AF 0xC0223030
- Firmware 1.00C, blinked out by raduP (forum link), small 4MB dump: megaupload link
- Firmware 1.0.1c dumped by Valor available from OpenUAS here
Download location for firmware dumps:
- Firmware version 1.0.0c Porting thread
- Firmware version 1.0.1c Porting thread
- New BETA version for Firmware 1.0.1c
News & development history:
- (19-Aug-2009) Canon press release of new camera