Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Canon Powershot SD790 IS (North America) / IXUS 90IS (Europe) / IXY Digital 95 IS (Japan)
CHDK is available for the Ixus90 (SD790) with firmware version 1.00C, 1.00D and 1.00E as BETA build from the Download page
- DIGIC III image processor, iSAPS, 9-point AiAF
- DryOS operating system
- Sensor: 10.0 million effective pixels, 1/2.3 CCD type
- Optics: 3x (35-105mm equiv.) zoom, optical Image Stabilization
- Display: 3" LCD (230,000 pixels)
- Canon's new motion detection technology (to avoid image blur)
- ISO: up to ISO 1600
Responds to ver.req file with:
Canon DIGITAL IXUS 90 IS P-ID:3174 PAL D Firmware Ver GM1.00D NoError Jan 24 2008 18:26:41
- 1.00D Firmware Dump is available, made with UDumper 2008; additional DL link: 
- 1.00C zShare download page by brinko99 (Forum link); additional DL link: 
- 1.00E download link by Bigs Forum link; additional DL link: 
Download location for firmware dumps:
- 2010-01-31: latest sources for fw 1.00c, 1.00d and 1.00e are in the trunk; 1.00E is a copy of the 1.00D fw
- 2010-01-13: for fw 1.00c an untested port can be found in the forum. Please test it and report your feedback.
- fw 1.00e is practically identical to 1.00d. Try this CHDK version and report your feedback in the forum.
- 2009-12-30: the port for fw 1.00d is in the trunk now (since changeset #866).
- Thx to brake, sharky, snc, ehmu !
- Porting has begun, with early partially-working versions available in the forum.
→ The porting thread in the forum is here: Porting IXUS90/SD790 IS
#define LED_PWR 0xc02200d0 #define LED_PR 0xc02200d4 #define LED_ORANGE 0xc0220130 #define LED_GREEN 0xc0220134 #define LED_YELLOW 0xc0220138 #define LED_AF 0xC0223030
USB Remote confirmed to work with 4.5V; however, the port on the camera is a combined USB/Video Out port which has nonstandard 5pin USB configuration. To get the remote working, I wired my switch and voltage using the female side of a dissected USB extenstion cable (male to female full size USB) and connected the female end to the white Cannon-Supplied USB cable that came with the camera.