The Canon IXUS 100IS (Europe) / PowerShot SD780IS (North America) / IXY DIGITAL 210IS (Japan) is the successor of the PowerShot SD770.
CHDK is available for the IXUS 100 / SD780 with firmware version 1.00C in beta state from the download page
→ Camera specifications: SD780IS@Canon USA
- Sensor: 12.1 million effective pixels, 1/2.3" CCD type
- DigiC IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- Lens: 33 - 100mm (35mm equiv), 3x optical zoom, F3.2 - 5.8
- Image stabilization (lens shift type)
- Display: 2.5" TFT, 230,000 pixels
- Optical viewfinder
- Video: 1280 x 720 @ 30fps [HD], 640 x 480 @ 30fps [L], 320 x 240 @ 30fps [M]
- Video format: MOV (H.264 + Linear PCM (Monaural)), up to 4GB or 1/2 hour in [HD] or 4GB / 1 hour in [L] or [M]
- Storage: SD, SDHC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus
- Battery: Canon Li-ion Battery NB-4L
- Dimensions: 87 x 56 x 18 mm, Weight: 115g without battery
- Speed: Approx 0.8 fps continuous shooting
- Special features: HDMI connector, accelerometer
Note that there must be at least one photo stored on your SD card for firmware display to work correctly.
ver.req (responds to either ver.req or vers.req), go into playback mode, then pressed and simultaneously:
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS P-ID:31C2 NT D Firmware Ver GM1.00C NoError Jan 13 2009 08:18:45
Canon DIGITAL IXUS 100 IS P-ID:31C2 PAL D Firmware Ver GM1.00C NoError Jan 13 2009 08:18:45
Pressingonce again with still pressed:
Pressinga third again with still pressed:
- when using ver.req:
IS Firm Ver. 2.06 IS Param Ver. 2.06
- when using vers.req:
Total Shoot: 161 Zoom Retry Count: 0 Mecha Condition: 0x00000000
Pressinga last time with still pressed:
Driver Info: 0x00000000
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS P-ID:31C2 NT D Firmware Ver GM1.00B NoError Dec 19 2008 14:24:25
Adj Ver.004.008 IS Firm Ver. 2.06 IS Param Ver. 2.06 Driver Info: 0x00000000
- Camera responds to encoded DISKBOOT.BIN on bootable FAT16, but UDumper (NewDryOS) from CartTricks 1.44 does not write on card.
- Camera will boot PS.FI2 file. Have discovered first LED.
- AF LED found. Blinker circuit built; initial tests look good for first attempts at blinker firmware dump.
- FW dump complete - will find home for it shortly.
- Initial port underway.
- Firmware 100C (8M full fump, by HarpoMa): direct DL link and also from the chdkdumps2 drop
- Firmware 100B (8M full dump, by bakulev) is also available from the chdkdumps part 2
Download location for firmware dumps:
0xC0220128 Right Side Indicator Light (orange=0x46) 0xC0223030 Auto-focus LED (very bright...)