The Canon PowerShot SD430 DIGITAL ELPH (DIGITAL IXUS Wireless in europe, IXY DIGITAL Wireless in japan ) is one of the cameras in the IXUS family
CHDK is NOT currently available for the Powersot SD430 /Ixus Wireless
Reviews and Specifications Edit
Technical data Edit
- DIGIC II image processor
- vxworks OS
- 5.0 megapixel CCD
- 2.0-inch color TFT monitor
- 35-105mm (equiv.) F2.8 - 4.9, 3x optical zoom
- 640 x 480 movies at 30fps
- Custom white balance
- Spot, center-weighted and evaluative metering
- 9-point AiAF
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b - NOTE: Canon specific - requires additional Canon software on PC or MAC
ver.req in the root of SD card, then pressed and simultaneously:
Canon DIGITAL IXUS WIRELESS P-ID:30F1 PAL Firmware Ver GM1.00F No error Dec 19 2005 21:32:29
Additional press shows..
Adj Ver..004.003 Total Shoot: 231 Open Shutter:0 Closed Shutter:0
Similarly for the later Ver 1.10A (the latest available from the Canon US site at the time of writing).
Canon DIGITAL IXUS WIRELESS P-ID:30F1 PAL Firmware Ver GM1.10A No error Apr 24 2006 17:08:09
Additional press shows.
Adj Ver..004.003 Apr 24 2006 17:08:09
3rd press shows shooting info.
Adj Ver..004.003 Total Shoot: 235 Open Shutter:0 Closed Shutter:0
- Firmware versions 1.00f and 1.10a have been dumped
Download location for firmware dumps:
Canon firmware updatesEdit
This section describes the procedure to update the camera with a permanent Canon firmware update - do it on your own risk !
NOTE: Upgrading from 1.00f to 1.10a was performed on a Linux box (Ubuntu 11.10 )
If you decide to try this, you do so entirely at your own risk !
The procedure is as folows:
- Obtain the firmware from Canon via their support pages, the exact version will depend on what is available and possibly which country you are in. For the main site in Japan you could try here: http://web.canon.jp/imaging/ixusw/frm-e.html
- Enter your serial number (for example 2331004974 ) and click the "I Agree" button.
- On the next page, select the Windows updater, ixusw_firm_win-e.exe and download it.
- Once downloaded, open with File Roller (which can extract the contents of Windows Executables, sudo apt-get install file-roller if you dont have it), and extract just the file named IXY_WiFi.FIR
- Rename the extracted file as PS.FIR and copy to the root of your SD card. Now power up the camera in playback mode, and use the "Firm Update" menu item to upgrade the firmare.