The Canon PowerShot S95 was released on August 19'th, 2010
CHDK is available for the S95 with firmware versions 1.00E, 1.00H, 1.00I and 1.00K from the download page
*Digic IV image processor *DryOS operating system Sensor: 10.0 MP 1/1.7" CCD type Lens: 3.8x optical zoom, 28-105 (35mm equiv) ISO Range: 80 - 3200 (12800 in low-light mode, reduced size) Aperture: F/2.0 (wide angle) to F/4.9 (full zoom) Shutter speed: 1/1600 to 15" sec (manufacturer)
Display: 3.0" fixed LCD High Definition (HD ready) Movie recording: 1280x720 @24 fps Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus Size: 100 x 58 x 29mm Weight: 170g, 193g with battery
- 'Rapid Burst Trick':
- In burst/continuous mode, the highest speed is always reached when Mode Dial is set to "M" (~2.5fps).
- Burst/continuous in other Mode Dial may hardly reach 1 fps if light is too low.
The ver.req file method (create two empty text files named ver.req and vers.req in the root of the sd card) is used to gather firmware information about this camera model.
Power off Camera. Press PLAY. Thereafter holding down FUNCSET then press DISP:
European PAL Version Header
Canon PowerShot S95 P-ID:3212 PAL D
Firmware Ver GM1.00E (126.96.36.199) Adj. Ver.008.003 Build 24 July NoError
Mecha Firm Ver. 2.18
- DNG4PS-2 settings for the S95 (forum link):
Sensor size: 3744 x 2784 Jpeg size: 3648 x 2736 Active zone x1,y1: 64, 22 Active zone x2,y2: 3728, 2782 Black level: 127 White level: 4095 Mosaic type: Red,Green Green,Blue Bits per unit: 12 bit Illuminant: D65 Multiplicator: 1.0 1.0 1.0
Color matrix (from DCRAW): 1.3440 -0.5896 -0.1279 -0.1236 0.9598 0.1931 -0.0180 -0.1001 0.4651
Mode dial propcase values
The mode dial position can be read from the value of propcase #49 and #50. The following values were similar from #49 and #50. 2 seconds are required when turning the dial mode weel
Green: 0xC0220130 Red: 0xC0220134 AF: 0xC0223030
- Firmware version 1.00E (8MB full dump by waldo, dumped with cBasic udumper): zShare link, also available from chdkdumps part3 & the dumps backup repository.
- Firmware version 1.00H (8MB full dump by wbloos, dumped with cBasic udumper): zShare link, also available from the dumps backup repository.
- Firmware version 1.00I (8MB full dump by nvioli, dumped with cBasic udumper): zShare link, also available from the dumps backup repository.
Download location for firmware dumps:
- Porting thread & beta versions: forum link