This page describes the status of planned and current releases, along with a history of past release.
Builds of current and past releases are available from the Downloads page.
The release cycle is described in more detail at Release Strategy.
Detailed change history is available from the trac page http://trac.assembla.com/chdk/timeline
Version 1.2 is in the stabilization phase. The following major features were implemented for 1.2.
- intermittent Lua crashing bug fixed (finally)
- Improved UI - discussion thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8151.0
- Remote capture over USB
- Improved DNG performance, now very close to framebuffer raw
- Support raw operations on DNG
- Improved memory usage by moving more code to modules
- Module code version 2
- Improved loader code
- Fast integer based trigonometric functions for Lua
- new editor for User Menu
- scripts can be added to the User Menu
- menu option to enable Lua native calls
- menu option to disable keyboard shortcuts
- improve console mode with menu options to extend the visability time of console or review (scroll back) console output
- loadable palette values allow a better range of colors in the UI (not implemented on all cameras)
- auto operation of internal / external flash enabled when other exposure values are in "M" mode
- support for DNG 1.3 (no bad pixel file needed) [was this in 1.1?]
- scripts can be set to always use the default parameter values in the code rather than stored parameters
Current stable, released July 25 2012. Major features added in this release include
- Loadable binary modules
- Re-write of USB remote code
- "Live view" over the CHDK PTP Extension
- Integration of chdkde features (actually got added to previous stable too)
Previous stable, no further changes. Released Feb 2012.