CHDK is available for the Powershot N and Powershot N Facebook® Ready in CHDK 1.3.0 or newer.
The Canon Powershot N was released in January 2013.
The Canon 'Powershot N Facebook® Ready' was released in August 2013? It is basically the same camera as the Powershot N but with a change to the WiFi button that allows it to automatically connect to Facebook rather than a local PC.
Camera Specifications: Canon USA Powershot N Specifications
- Digic V image processor
- Sensor: 12 million effective pixels, CMOS 1/2.3" (6.17 x 4.55 mm)
- Max image size: 4000 x 2248
- 8x optical zoom lens, 28-224mm (35mm equiv)
- ISO Auto 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400
- Optical Image Stabilization
- 2.8"-inch touch screen LCD, 461,000 pixels
- Storage types microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC
Firmware info Edit
If using the camera with a USB Remote Cable , be aware that the camera battery is charged via the USB port and thus may draw a lot more current than other Canon Powershot cameras. Existing USB remote trigger devices may not work with this camera.
- the camera will attempt to autoboot (SD card lock method) when :
- the microSD card cover is left open AND
- the microSD card has "BOOTDISK" at the appropriate place in the boot sector for the card format (FAT16 vs FAT32) AND
- a valid DISKBOOT.BIN file is located in the root of the microSD card file structure.
- to enter <ALT> mode, quickly press the "wifi" button located immediately above the playback button
- the camera will start when USB power is applied to the USB port, in addition to the normal power switch or playback switch startup.
- when started via the playback button, the camera will not switch to shooting mode when the shutter button (ring?) is pressed. Shooting mode can be entered by a second press of the playback button.
Power LED on:
*(int*)0xc022c30c = ( (*(int*)0xc022c30c) & 0xffffffcf ) | 0x20;
Power LED off:
*(int*)0xc022c30c = (*(int*)0xc022c30c) & 0xffffffcf;
(thanks to srsa_4c for that)