The Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS (IXUS 220 HS in europe, IXY DIGITAL 410F in japan) was released on March 2011
Since 29.11.2011 CHDK for the Powershot ELPH 300 is available as ALPHA version from the CHDK Autobuild Server.
→ Camera Specifications: Canon USA
- DIGIC 4 image processor with iSAPS technology
- DryOS operating system
- 12.1 megapixel back-illuminated CMOS, 1/2.3 inch (pixel density: 43 MP/cm²)
- Lens: 24-120mm (35mm equiv), 5x optical zoom, F2.7-5.9
- Face Detection / 9-point AiAF
- Image stabilization (lens shift type)
- Display: 2.7 inch LCD, 230,000 pixels
- ISO: 100-3200
- Built-in flash
- Video: Yes 1920 x 1080 @ 24fps, 1280 x 720 @ 30fps, 640 x 480 @ 30fps, 640 x 480 @ 120 fps, 320 x 240 @ 30fps, 320 x240 @ 240 fps
- Video format: MOV (H.264 + Linear PCM (Stereo))
- HDMI mini connector
- Storage: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HC MMCplus
- Power: Canon Li-ion Battery NB-4L
- Weight (without battery): 123g
- Weight (with battery): 141g
- Dimensions: 92.2 x 56 x 20 mm (3.62 x 2.2 x 0.79 inch)
- Release Date: 2011
Firmware info Edit
The "ver.req" trick (see FAQ, "How can I get the original firmware version number of my camera") does not appear to work with this camera. Use ACID or CameraVersion. (See here in the porting thread.)
This section describes special CHDK-related things...
- The <Alt> mode is bound to this button: (latest alpha version, 26-Nov-2011)
- A short press of Video button will toggle <ALT> mode.
A long Press of video button will restore original Canon functionality...
- ISO ranges accepted by the camera (marketing ISO) are ISO 50 to ISO 8000. CHDK ISOs (Real ISOs) are about 1/3 to 2/3 slower. Note that the camera does not have icons for ISO 50 - 80 and above 6400 when shooting, but image review will show the (marketing) ISO.
- FW start address: 0xFF810000
#define LED_GREEN 0xC0220130 //LED on the back of the camera #define LED_AF 0xC0223030 //Autofocus LED
- Firmware 1.00C, dumped by whim: box.net share
- Firmware 1.01A, dumped by Murmelgoblin: zshare link (forum link)
- Firmware 1.01C, dumped by sush: box.com share (forum link)
- Firmware 1.01D, dumped by bluepic: zshare link (forum link )
- Firmware 1.01E, dumped by siloxr: box.com share (forum link )
- Firmware 1.01G, dumped by stefantalpalaru: box.com (forum link )
Download location for firmware dumps:
Porting Thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6341.0