If you have created an account here on Wikia, you will want to be sure to be logged in to it so all of your contributions are recorded under your account. Follow the steps on this page to learn about logging in to your account!
Step by step
- At the top of a page, you will see a menu called "Log in." Hover over that to open the log in drop-down menu.
- Fill in your username and password.
- If you want to remain logged in even when you are not using Wikia, click the "Stay logged in" button. We recommend that you do not use this option if you are logging in at a public access point.
- Once you have entered your information, click "Log in."
- Congratulations! You have logged in to Wikia. Now start editing!
- You can tell you are logged in by seeing your username in the upper right hand corner of the page.
- To log out, hover over the menu where your username is, in the upper right hand corner.
- Click "Log out" to log off your Wikia account.
- A green banner across the top of the page will let you know you have been logged out.
Changing your password
To change your password, visit your user preferences. This can be done in the Basic information section of the My Info tab.
Problems logging in
To log in on Wikia, you must have cookies enabled on your browser. If you appear to be able to log in, but appear logged out immediately thereafter, it is very likely a cookie problem. If you are certain that cookies are enabled, make sure you have not inadvertently listed www.wikia.com on a list of sites to never allow cookies for. You can check this in the privacy options of any browser you might be using. Also make sure that your computer's date and time are set correctly. If they are not, cookies may expire before they are supposed to.
The issue may also be a cache problem. You can try bypassing your cache to see if that corrects the issue.
Still not working?
If you are still not able to log in, please contact Wikia, where the Community Team will be able to help restore access to your account. Please make sure you are sending your message from the same e-mail address connected with your account, otherwise we cannot verify that the account belongs to you.
- Learn more about creating an account
- Learn more about logging in through Facebook
- Learn more about how to contact Wikia