Where enabled, interlanguage links can be used to link between the same page in different languages. For instance, the page on “Yoda” in the many different versions of the Star Wars wikis can be connected this way. These language links are specialized form of interwiki links.
Interlanguage links are not created by default on multilingual wikis, because the “same” projects in different languages can have very different domain names and database names and must be enabled manually.
If you need interlanguage links on your wiki, please make a request on Community Central at the Interlanguage link requests page.
Once the links are set up, pages may need to be re-saved before the interlanguage links start working.
The basic syntax is
[[language code:page title]]. For example, the code
[[zh:首頁]] creates a link to 首頁, with the link text “中文” (“Chinese” written in Chinese).
The linking code may be placed anywhere in the edit box, but they are most commonly collected at the bottom of the page.
Unlike interwiki links, which appear inline, interlanguage links appear in the “Languages” list below the main content area of a page under the categories.
To place an interlanguage link in the text of an article page without creating an actual link to a page in the “Languages” section, put a colon before the language code. For example,
[[:es:Ayuda:Interlenguajes]] which will look like this when the page is saved: es:Ayuda:Interlenguajes.
- MetaWikipedia:Help:Interwiki linking
- Wikipedia:Help:Interlanguage links
- wikipedia: - English Wikipedia
- wikipedia:fr: - French Wikipedia
- wikipedia:de: - German Wikipedia
- wikipedia:es: - Spanish Wikipedia
- wikipedia:nl: - Dutch Wikipedia
- wikipedia:fi: - Finnish Wikipedia
- wikipedia:zh: - Chinese Wikipedia
- wikipedia:ja: - Japanese Wikipedia
- wikipedia:ca: - Catalan Wikipedia
- wikipedia:id: - Indonesian Wikipedia