Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Canon Powershot G12 was released in September of 2010 as successor of the G11.
CHDK is available for the Powershot G12 with firmware versions 1.00C, 1.00E, 1.00F and 1.00G from the Download page
- Digic IV image processor
- DryOS operating system
- Sensor: 10 MP 1/1.7 inch CCD type
- Lens: 28-140mm (35mm equiv), F/2.8 - F/4.5
- 5x optical zoom
- Image stabilization: Lens-Shift type
- Display: 2.8 inch Vari-angle TFT, 461,000 pixels, adjustable
- Viewfinder: Real-image zoom, optical viewfinder
- Video: 1280 x 720 @24 fps, 640 x 480 @30fps, 320 x 240 @30fps; max. clip length: 4GB or 1 hour
- Video format: MOV (Quicktime) H.264 + Linear PCM (Stereo)
- Storage media: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMCplus, HCMMCplus
- Power: rechargeable Li-ion battery Canon NB-7L
- Weight: 355g (without battery & card), 401g (with battery), Dimensions: 112 x 76 x 48 mm
- Flash hotshoe
Firmware info Edit
As in other Canon PS case, the ver.req file works as well in this model. vers.req does the same job plus it reports the number of shots. Start the camera in playback mode with at least one image on the memory card, press and simultaneously , it shows the following:
This section describes special CHDK-related things...
(by philmoz, )
- Run DNG4PS-2, click in the settings button, go to the camera options tab
- Select the G7 profile and click the copy button
- Change the settings as:
Camera Name = Canon PowerShot G12 Short Name = PowerShot G12 Sensor size = 3744 x 2784 Jpeg size = 3684 x 2760 Active zone x1, y1 = 52, 12 Active zone x2, y2 = 3736, 2772 Black-white level = 127, 4095 Mosaic type = Red,Green,Green,Blue Bits per unit = 12 Color matrix 1 Illuminant = Daylight Matrix = 1.324400 -0.550100 -0.124800 -0.150800 0.985800 0.193500 -0.027000 0.108300 0.436600 Multiplicator = 1.0 1.0 1.0 Color matrix 2, leave blank
- Click Ok, and you should be able to browse to the directory with the raw and jpeg files and run the convert
- If have both the raw and jpeg together you will get additional EXIF data copied to the DNG file from the JPEG.
0xC0220124 Power LED (Green) 0xC0220128 Exp Comp LED (Orange) 0xC022012C ISO LED (Orange) 0xC0220130 Upper Indicator (Orange) [next to optical viewfinder] 0xC0220134 Upper Indicator (Green) [next to optical viewfinder] 0xC0220138 Lower Indicator (Yellow) [next to optical viewfinder]
- G12 firmware version 1.00C
- G12 firmware version 1.00E
- G12 firmware version 1.00F (by canochab, )
- G12 firmware version 1.00G (provided by c10ud, zshare link, forum link)
Download location for firmware dumps:
- G12 Porting thread: forum link (by philmoz)
News & Development History: Edit
2010-12-29: Beta 1 is available for G12 firmware version 1.00C, by philmoz, forum link