What is CHDK?
- Canon Hack Development Kit
- Temporary – No permanent changes are made to the camera.
- Experimental - No warranty. Read about the risks in the FAQ
- Free – free to use and modify, released under the GPL.
- Professional control - RAW files, bracketing, full manual control over exposure, zebra mode, live histogram, grids, etc.
- Motion detection - Trigger exposure in response to motion, fast enough to catch lightning.
- USB remote - Simple DIY remote allows you to control your camera remotely.
- Scripting - Control CHDK and camera features using uBASIC and Lua scripts. Enables time lapse, motion detection, advanced bracketing, and more.
- more : CHDK Features and CHDK in Brief
CHDK User Manual
New to CHDK? Start here!
Grab the latest build, updated nightly
Frequently Asked Questions
Links to key CHDK information.
Share results and ask questions
Chat with other users.
The basics: how to install and use the CHDK firmware