Current documentation for SD card formatting is here : Bootable_SD_card
This article describes how to install CHDK with the Cardtricks utillity under MS Windows
- Start Cardtricks, select your card reader with a click to the SD card symbol
- Use to make sure whether the right device is selected
- Maybe you want to format the memory card first - you can use the button:
CAUTION: This deletes ALL DATA from your card ! Backup your files first !
- If you want to start CHDK everytime you power on your camera (autoboot), use the button to write the bootable identification string to the SD card.
- Now click to open the download page, this will start your system's standard browser:
Search for your camera and the correct firmware version, download the package (.zip file) and store it to your hard disc.
- Check [x]Overwrite to make sure that older files on your memory card gets overwritten
- Use the button, select the .zip file you've downloaded in the last step...
- Now the CHDK installation package gets unziped to your card, this takes some seconds...
- Your SD card is now ready to use with CHDK, Cardtricks can be closed with or the ESC key
- Remove the memory card from your card reader
- To use the Autoboot startup method you must LOCK the SD card (move the little plastic slider toward the middle of the card)
- Insert the card into your camera
- CHDK now can be started either manually with the 'Firmware Update' item from the Canon menu or with the Autoboot function.