Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
WARNING : The CardTricks utility is obsolete. It may not correctly install the current version of CHDK. It is also not recommended use with cameras released after 2010 or with SD cards bigger than 4Gb. The most recent documentation about SD card preparation for use with CHDK can always be found at this link> Prepare Your SD Card
- Start Cardtricks, select your card reader with a click to the SD card symbol
- Use to make sure whether the right device is selected
- Maybe you want to format the memory card first - you can use the button:
CAUTION: This deletes ALL DATA from your card ! Backup your files first !
- If you want to start CHDK everytime you power on your camera (autoboot), use the button to write the bootable identification string to the SD card.
- Now click to open the download page, this will start your system's standard browser:
Search for your camera and the correct firmware version, download the package (.zip file) and store it to your hard disc.
- Check [x]Overwrite to make sure that older files on your memory card gets overwritten
- Use the button, select the .zip file you've downloaded in the last step...
- Now the CHDK installation package gets unziped to your card, this takes some seconds...
- Your SD card is now ready to use with CHDK, Cardtricks can be closed with or the ESC key
- Remove the memory card from your card reader
- To use the Autoboot startup method you must LOCK the SD card (move the little plastic slider toward the middle of the card)
- Insert the card into your camera
- CHDK now can be started either manually with the 'Firmware Update' item from the Canon menu or with the Autoboot function.