ACID - the Automatic Camera Identifier and Downloader
ACID is a Java application designed to simplify the process of getting a SDM or CHDK build for your Canon camera, written & published by zeno in May 2010.
- ACID requires version 1.4 or later of the Java Runtime
- Tested with MS Windows and Mac OSX
- take a picture with the camera
- put the camera card into a card reader
- run ACID and drag the photo from the card and drop it onto the ACID window.
- Acid will then
- analyse the photo
- extract the camera model and firmware version information
- automatically download the appropriate build of SDM or CHDK (depending on which button you press) to a folder you choose