PowerShot A570 IS
The Canon PowerShot A570 IS is a 7 MP digital camera with image stabilization, launched in February of 2007.
CHDK is available for the A570is with firmware version 1.00E and 1.01A from the Download page
Reviews and Specifications
Firmware information is given if ver.req exists on the SD.
Power on in PLAY mode with ver.req file on SD card, press and hold, press reveals the firmware version.
- ...subsequent press of (while still holding ) reveals the next fw information pages (2x).
|Processor:||Digic III (ARM946ES)|
|OS:||VxWorks version 5.5|
|Sensor:||7.1 million effective pixels, 1/2.5 " Type CCD|
|Resolution:||3072 x 2304|
|Lens:||4x optical zoom, 35-140mm (35mm equiv), F2.6-5.5|
|Viewfinder:||Yes, optical viewfinder|
|Display:||2.5-inch TFT, 115,000 pixels|
|ISO range:||15 sec to 1/2000 sec without CHDK|
|Storage:||SD / SDHC / MMC card|
|Battery:||2x AA Alkaline or Ni-MH batteries, Optional AC adapter kit|
|Dimensions:||89.5 x 64.3 x 42.8 mm|
|USB:||USB 2.0 (Mini-B, MTP, PTP)|
|Misc:|| ISO 80-1600, AV out, Flash adjustable in 3 levels, movie clips up to 640x480 @30fps (320x240 @60fps)
underwater case available
- Since CHDK changeset #911 the <Alt> button can be set to PRINT (default) or DISPLAY from the "Miscellaneous stuff" / "<ALT> mode button" CHDK menu
- If DISPLAY is selected for <Alt> button: press DISPLAY quickly it will act as your <ALT> mode button, but if you hold it down for a second, it acts like the DISPLAY button normally does
- A570 fw 100e (new one, 30-Nov-2008 by fudgey): zShare download
- A570 fw 101a
Download location for firmware dumps:
LED_PR 0xc02200C4 The set_led command currently has control of all LED's except for the power LED. The address for the power LED is: 0xc02200D4
- PLATFORMID = 12620 (#314C)
- The A570 has the 'accelerated' MD (buffer optimization in lib.c: vid_get_viewport_live_fb)