Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
PowerShot A540 Edit
CHDK is available for the A540 with firmware version 1.00b from the Download page
Reviews and Specifications Edit
Technical Data Edit
- Digic II image processor
- VxWorks operating system
- Sensor: 6 MP, 1/2.5-inch CCD type
- Lens: 5.8 (W) - 23.2 (T) mm (35 mm film equivalent: 35 - 140 mm), F/2.6 (W) - F/5.5 (T)
- Optical viewfinder
- Display: 2.5 inch TFT, approx. 85,000 pixels
- Storage: SD & MMC - no SDHC support !
- Power: 2x AA size batteries
- Dimensions: 90.4 x 64.0 x 43.2 mm (3.56 x 2.52 x 1.70 in.), Weight: 180 g (6.35 oz.) without batteries
Firmware info Edit
- The trick with the ver.req file works well on the A540.
Pressing and button shows the following screen:
Canon PowerShot A540 P-ID:311B PAL Firmware Ver GM1.00B No error Jan 31 2006 11:02:45
Pressing and button again results in:
Canon PowerShot A540 P-ID:311B PAL Adj Ver.002.002
- The vers.req file works, too.
- Pressing and button a third time results in:
Canon PowerShot A540 P-ID:311B PAL Adj Ver.002.002 Total Shoot :xxxx Open Shutter :0 Close Shutter:0
The number P-ID:331B is a hexadecimal code for the platform version id. Note that the platform ID is almost the same as the S3 IS model: 311B vs 311A. Platform codes for other models can be looked up under P-ID.
0xc0220074 Triggers flash! 0xc0220080 AF 0xc0220084 Print button 0xc0220088 Orange, upper left of viewfinder 0xc022008c Green, upper left of viewfinder 0xc0220090 Yellow, lower left of viewfinder 0xc0220094 Power
Download location for firmware dumps: